“First Person Strategy” 3D game prototype (standalone and for Unity Web Player) integrated with Moodle (open source Learning Management System), inspired by the Claude Moore Colonial Farm, having two vast and open playable levels to be explored (colonial farm and city). The gameplay has individual exploration objectives to the player character plus “collective objectives" to be achieved through the farmer characters, controlled by the player via dialogs plus point and click commands.
(scroll with your finger on mobile)
- C# (mostly)
- Unity 3D
Distributed, composed by 3 coders, one designer, one 3D generalist artist and one 2D generalist artist.
March to September, 2010
Playable prototype delivered as at the “Description” item above.
- Working together with team on planning, making estimatives, executing and delivering the sprint goals.
- Taking the Scrum Master role when the company CEO could not be present.
- Leading a successful 3D generalist artist recruitment process by defining role, advertising, interviewing and working with the lead designer and company CEO on art portfolio assessment.
Main Programming Tasks Performed
- Character behavior: Based on behavior tree middleware for Unity, have designed and implemented several behaviors for the farmers, so they could act on their own and also follow player commands when requested to do so.
- Pathfinder: Integrated a basic pathfinder middleware and extended it, first using the A* algorithm to prioritize the main farm roads and after to avoid characters to collide with each other.
- Dialogue System: Implemented the dialogue system of the game (including UI) and integrated it with the character behaviors and level gameplay flow control.