Educational 2D Board Game mixed with a quizzes in more than 20 categories for children, such as “School safety”, “vehicle safety”, “Bites, Burns and Stings”, etc. For PC/Mac The game was targeted for schools, having also features for student profile synchronization, results management, stats and reporting over the network.
(scroll with your finger on mobile)
- C# (mostly)
- Network Programming
- Unity 3D
Distributed, being 2 coders at the main development phase, another junior coder after, one designer and one generalist artist.
Full time from Oct/2010 to Feb/2011, which includes the programming of all the main features, and after that just some isolated tasks as support to a junior member of team creating different variations (question categories) for the game using the developed base
Released in 2011 for Windows and OSX, used to be at http://www.preventitgame.com/ , however it seems it is not being commercialized anymore, last time I checked it as live was in 2013.
- Working together with team on planning, making estimatives, executing and delivering the sprint goals.
- Taking the Scrum Master role when the company CEO could not be present.
- Leading the QA process of all the implemented game features by conceiving and properly documenting several Test Scenarios, each one composed by several Test Cases, matching the respective user stories required for each sprint.
Main Programming Tasks Performed
- Player profile system: Implemented the biggest and main class of the game, responsible for storing and controlling the game and player data in such way several player profiles could be created, each one storing their current gameplay status, achievements and settings. Also implemented all the menu screens (UIs) related to the creation and control of the player profile.
- Backend improvements and client side implementation: implemented improvements to the online activation system and high score storage (PHP + SQL) and implemented the full client side, including the related UI for the activation system and highscore menus. Without being active the game works in trial mode for 30 days.
- Networking features: conceived and implemented an specific server side application and the communication module at the game (client) side (network communication based on the Unity 3D networking features), including all related UI on both sides.