Game dev is a marathon, not a sprint. Having that and my main skills in mind, I have been developing an “everlasting 2D gameplay engine” and associated tools, which allows me to provide to myself and partners (on a next step) an unique solution for cutting development time and risks, which includes not only the technical resources, but also publishing services and myself as committed team member for any kind of work for up to 10 hours/week, in such way I still being able to pursue a full time career within other studios, financing us until our definitive stability and success for more ambitious projects.
I call my tech an “everlasting 2D gameplay engine”, because it goes beyond being multi-platform, it was designed to be pluggable to several engines. It doesn’t reinvents the wheel by re-implementing tons of features the engines on the market already masters, instead it “enslaves” those engines to take advantage of these multi-platform features, in such way my engine is made of 100% independent C++ code, running anywhere, from mobile to the web, and lasting forever, across changes to platforms or to these other engines over the years.
Who are my partners?
Teams or individuals starting as indie, but experienced on game art and design, having at least basic scripting skills for their engine of choice and willing to develop high quality 2D or 2.5D platformers or top-down games. Currently only Unity 3D is being focused for releaseable games, but as the first 2D games are released, having also support for Unreal Engine could bring an interesting alternative for 2.5D games.
What do my partners get?
- Full game IP, except for the provided source code (C++ and scripts)
- Fully featured easily and highly customizable “pre-made game” for their engine and genre of choice.
- Up to 10 hours per week of my time as active team member for any kind of task
- Publishing services on several platforms
- Social Media Marketing (assisted by contractors)
- Game website building and hosting services
- Long term support for updates and source code license
What do I get?
- Publishing rights for the games based on my tech
- Revenue sharing on the published games